In this updated guide, I will walk you through all the relevant specs you need to know about what headphones does jacksepticeye use in 2021.
As you are already here, you might probably be aware of whom I am talking about.
Jack is a popular Irish YouTuber with more than 16 million subscribers in his channel “Let’s play”. He also works as a voice actor and video game commentator.
But the question is: Will you benefit from getting the same pair of headphones that Jack uses?
Let’s find that out:
A Brief Preview On What Headphones Does Jacksepticeye Use?
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Over-Ear Wired HeadphonesQuick Review
|Offer PriceFull Review>>>|
Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling HeadphoneQuick Review
|Offer PriceFull Review>>>|
This is just to offer you a sneak peek of the latest pair of headphones used by your favorite YouTuber, Jack. For a detailed review of the deal-breaking specs, keep reading below.
- A Brief Preview On What Headphones Does Jacksepticeye Use?
- Philips X2/27 Fidelio Over-Ear Headphone : High Resolution sound, in the comfort of home
- Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Headphones : Work from home like a PRO
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Over-Ear Headphone : High Resolution sound, in the comfort of home
Philips X2/27 Fidelio Over-Ear Headphone
- Acoustic open-back architecture for pristine audio fidelity
- Dedicated cable management clip for tangle-free ease
- Deluxe memory foam earpads for long-wearing comfort
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Philips has made a name in the market for its high-performance headphones. It is evolving as a brand, and its products are growing too. The X2/27 Fidelio headphones are a fantastic product that offers brilliance. The Over-the-ear wired headphones provide superb comfort and a very tough built.
If you hold it, you can feel it’s built solid. The headphone uses a lot of metal and some high-quality plastic in its body.
The headphone uses powerful 50mm drivers that use neodymium magnets. The drivers have a layer of damping gel surrounded by a polymer, which absorbs unwanted frequencies.
With this fantastic technology, the headphone can deliver powerful and precise audio. The audio is clean and crisp so that you can enjoy the accurate sound.
The headphone uses luxurious memory foam earpads, which perfectly fit the shape of your ears. The earcups are also precisely angled for long-lasting comfort.
The cushions are breathable to reduce heat building up around your ears. The mesh on the headband is also airy.
The product includes a clip for cable management. It is thoughtful as it makes handling cables convenient. The headphone uses a unique mechanism to minimize resonance and vibrations. The other minor details are also not neglected by Philips.
Features in the spotlight
• 50 mm neodymium drivers: Neodymium magnets are exceptionally powerful which are used in headphones. These magnets are used to deliver breath-taking audio.
• Pre-tilted drivers: The X2/27 Fidelio headphone has pre-tilted ear shells and drivers. They are made to tilt at 15 degrees. This is to fit the natural structure of the ears.
• Sturdiest of built: The built quality of the headphone is not something to take lightly. All those who have purchased these headphones know how amazing their built is. High-quality metal is used with some premium plastic here and there. The finish given to it is also top-grade.
• Open-back design: The headphones have an open-back design so that you are aware of your surroundings. Jacksepticeye likes to use open-back headphones instead of closed-back because, in open-back headphones, the audio is more natural.
• Two layers of ear shells: Philips X2/27 Fidelio has double-layered ear shells. This is to deliver the most natural audio. The double-layer absorbs and reduces the resonance and vibrations.
• Luxurious earpads: The headphone uses premium quality memory foam in its earpads. The foam is so soft and cozy on the ears that you can enjoy the comfort.
• Dedicated clip for cable: X2 headphone comes with a reliable clip for managing cables. This clip makes it easy and convenient to manage cables.
• Self-adjusting and comfortable headband: The headpiece of X2 headphones is lightweight and has an airy mesh. The headpiece is breathable because of this, and it’s self-adjusting too. It will match your head’s structure and fit perfectly.
Extraordinary technology leads to unrivaled sound. After learning about the main features, it’s undeniable that the headphone uses impressive technology to deliver the most authentic audio.
Philips has done an extraordinary job with this headphone covering every single detail that makes a difference.
Also Read: Best Streamers Headsets [Insider Collection]
The drivers, the earpads, the ear shells, and the design complement each other and improve the sound quality as a whole. Let’s dig deeper to know precisely why Jacksepticeye loves the sound of these headphones.
These are the main features that are accountable for the breath-taking audio of X2 Fidelio.
Philips Fidelio X2 excels in offering natural audio, which is ideal for gaming purposes. It can also be used for music and movies, where its superb clarity will let you easily understand lyrics and dialogues.
A solid built makes it worth buying
In a headphone, the most important factors to consider are built and sound. No matter how excellent sound a headphone delivers, it must have a durable built first. If you can rely on the built, a headphone is worth buying.
Well, no need to worry about that in the case of the X2/27 Fidelio headphones. Philips has made X2 be of your service for years to come.
First of all, the headphone uses a lot of high-grade metal in its built. The metal used is not thin, which proves that it is sturdy.
There is plastic also used in the built, but the plastic used is of premium quality. Still, it is not used much in the built. So, you need not worry about cracking or breaking it.
Now, I went through many customer reviews, and every other review mentioned how strong the built is. The customers also said that the built is somewhat bulky, but it’s undeniably sturdy and durable.
The way the plastic and metal have their finishing is spotless. If you hold the headphone, it will genuinely give you a solid feeling.
A good headphone is a comfortable one
The headphone does not offer superior comfort—the earpads kind of feel like a scrub. Heat and sweat build up within an hour. This makes it uncomfortable to wear. But you need not worry about that. You can enjoy fantastic comfort with a simple solution. All you need to do is change the earpads.
Buy earpads that you find suitable for you from the market. Once you attach those earpads to the headphone, you can enjoy long listening sessions without worry.
The headphone is of moderate weight, but the design is a bit bulky. The bulky design poses an issue when you have to pack it or something. But while wearing, customers do not find it to be a bother.
The headpiece is made of leather and has an airy 3D mesh. It adjusts to the head shape and fits perfectly. Being airy, it is very comfortable and also has some softness to it.
Fresh and Fashionable design
Design is also an essential factor for some people. A neat and fresh design is what people like. Those who have used a lot of headphones prefer an unconventional look.
As far as reviews go, I didn’t find customers complaining about its design. Instead, many mentioned that the design looks fashionable.
The headphone complements any clothing. The black color and its unique design might look simple at first, but wearing them in person will change your opinion. The finishing of the headphone is immaculate. The finishing it has looks lavish; you will love the ‘underdog’ look.
What makes them a great buy?
I have mentioned all the great features of the headphone, but to know what makes them worth buying, it’s better to consider what customers say. It’s because customers have experienced using the headphones, and specifications can’t cover that.
Firstly, the sound is astonishingly natural. Philips set a bar for other headphones. The sound is exactly what is to be heard. There is negligible distortion, and the bass is also crisp and deep.
The second thing that customers love is the superior built quality. The way it is designed using top-level metal and plastic is lovely. The color also complements the outfit you wear.
The headpiece is also very comfortable. It is airy and has a 3D mesh which makes it soft. It is self-adjustable; it adjusts to the head shape itself and fits around your head nicely.
Lastly, the dedicated cable management clip that comes with the product is handy. It lets you manage the cables, which significantly reduces the trouble of cable crowding and tangling.
Why is it not worth buying?
Undoubtedly the headphone offers excellent features and sound, but if it’s not convenient for you, then it’s not worth buying.
First of all, the earpads are kind of rough and not breathable. Heat starts to built up along with sweat as you use them for an hour or so.
The problem gets solved after replacing them with new ones. Even so, it would have been convenient to get comfortable ones already.
Then comes its weight and design. The headphone is a bit heavy, and the design is sort of bulky. I was handling them when not in use can be a bother sometimes. While using them, they don’t trouble you. But for some people, it could be so.
Last but not least, the headphone is wired. I know that is how it is, but a wireless headphone is preferable if you like freedom. Being wired has its advantage too, that is, it offers better sound quality.
- Immensely natural audio
- Crisp and deep bass
- Superlative built
- Ergonomic design
- Comfortable fit
- Earpads are uncomfortable
- Slightly heavy and bulky
- Wired (restricted freedom)
Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Headphones : Work from home like a PRO
Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Headphones
- Long Battery Life
- Volume Sensor: Touch Sensor
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Digital Noise Canceling
- Diaphragm – aluminum-coated LCP
After covering up about Philips X2/27 Fidelio headphones, you might be looking for wireless or less bulky headphone. So, let’s discuss Jacksepticeye’s other headphone, Sony WH1000XM3.
Just the Sony branding on a product says about its fantastic quality. Sony products have always been well-reputed for providing what they claim.
The WH1000XM3 are portable headphones that are convenient to carry. Not just that, the audio they offer is truly incredible.
The bass of the headphones is booming and crisp and does not override other frequencies. The headphone manages to retain outstanding clarity even at high frequencies.
The sound has a fun factor in it. If you listen to it, you will realize what I am talking about. It refreshes the mood and feels very soothing. The headphone offers better clarity and more detailed than its competitors. The wireless performance is laudable.
If you use the headphone for some content creation or editing of videos, using them with an auxiliary cable makes a difference.
The Bluetooth connection is strong; it will not just get disconnected unless you go out-of-range. The headphone keeps up with Sony’s strong reputation of wireless audio gadgets.
The comfort it offers is on another level; it feels so cozy wearing them. The battery life it provides also lasts for 30 hours.
The headphone is known as a ‘complete package. You might think that a wireless headphone cannot compete with a wired headphone in terms of sound, but WH1000XM3 will change your mind.
Features that make it stand out
• Modern noise-cancellation: WH1000XM3 comes with advanced noise-cancellation technology that significantly blocks outside noise. It lets you stay dedicated to your task.
• Long battery life: The WH1000XM3 headphone offers a 30 hours battery life, which is just amazing. You can use it non-stop without worrying about the charging.
• Quick charging: Not only the battery life is long, but the charging time is short too! Using its optional AC adapter, charging it for 10 minutes lets you use it for 5 hours extra.
• Next-level wireless fun: Sony WH1000XM3 uses LDAC audio coding technology. This transmits three times more data than the usual Bluetooth device. This adds to the sound quality. You can listen to High-Resolution audio as well as enjoy the wireless freedom!
• Built-in Sense Engine: WH1000XM3 has a built-in Sense Engine that detects what task you are performing. It then adjusts the sound to go with your task. Whether it is traveling, walking, or something else, it acts accordingly.
• Quick Attention mode: This is a thoughtful feature in which when you cover the right earcup with your hand, it turns down the music. This lets you conversate with surrounding people without removing the headphone. This is very useful in a household.
• Superb comfort: The headphones have extraordinarily comfortable earpads. They are so soft and put minimum pressure on the ears. They distribute the pressure over the ear so that you don’t feel the clamping force. They are lightweight and sleek too.
• Alexa voice assistant: There is a built-in voice assistant in the headphone. You need to ask Alexa using your voice, and you are done! You can enjoy music and send messages without moving a finger.
• Easy-to-use controls: WH1000XM3 headphone offers touch controls. They are easy and convenient. They also have a quick response to the command.
• Swivel structure: The headphone has a foldable design, and the earcups can swivel inwards. This allows you to pack it in a compact box. This makes it very portable.
Amazing features offer immersive sound. As I mentioned, Sony WH1000XM3 offers incredible sound. You cannot believe that it’s wireless. Although it delivers impressive audio, the features it offers add up to its audio experience.
With all these excellent features, the sound of these headphones is unquestionably brilliant. WH1000XM3 excels in delivering balanced sound with quality bass. It is superb for music listening. It can be very well used for gaming too.
Superb durable built
The Sony WH1000XM3 headphones are made using high-quality metal. You can feel how well and strongly built they are by holding them.
The headphone will be of service for years; take care of it. It is made durable so that spending big money is not in vain. The finishing is clean and smooth; you can see the neat built it is given.
The touch controls it has also worked very well. They will not malfunction after some use so that you can rest assured.
Extraordinary comfort makes customers happy
When it comes to its comfort, I can guarantee that they are cozy. Just wearing them feels so light; you are going to love it. The earpads are super soft, and the foam used is of top-level quality. It is intelligently designed to distribute the weight evenly so you do not feel the clamping force.
The earpads are breathable; you can easily wear them for at least 5-6 hours. They fit perfectly to the ear.
The headphone is lightweight; you might even forget wearing one. The design is sleek; you will not at all find the size to be an issue.
The headband is adjustable; there is no particular issue of it not fitting different head sizes.
Beautiful and sleek design
The headphone looks so good; its simplicity makes it stand out. Just the sleek design and matte color on it make it unique.
They will go with any outfit, even if you don’t buy the black color model. I cannot describe it perfectly, but they blend in yet stand out.
The way the headband is designed is to keep it close to the head in a suitable manner. It also does not fall off so easily; the headphone remains on the head even if walking.
Easy and convenient controls
Well, I love this feature of WH1000XM3. The touch controls are vastly convenient to use.
Swiping left and right or tapping accurately takes the command accordingly. It also removes the trouble of finding the correct button. All the commands are in the same place.
The in-built voice assistant Alexa is also convenient to use. The headphone offers a perfect mic that accurately captures what you say.
The hands-free calling feature it offers is also something. Just double-tap on the panels, and you are ready to go. You don’t need the phone in hand; just have the correct device connected. It will not make the phone call if the number is present on some other device.
What do Customers like about them?
First of all, the sound it offers and how the ANC compliments its sound is brilliant. You can immerse into whatever you are listening to.
Secondly, the built and design is impressive. The durable built and the sleek design are lovely. They will be of service for years and will go with any outfit.
Last but not least, the features and touch control it offers are too good to be true. All of them are very thoughtful and come in handy too.
What customers complain about them?
Honestly, the headphones are close to flawless!
There is no problem with what it offers.
But customers find it too costly. I agree that it offers big at a hefty price. Still, anyone would think at least twice before buying it. If you are spending this much, you cannot be too careful.
Except for the cost, it’s all good. There are no particular complaints about the product.
- Advanced noise-canceling
- Extraordinary sound
- Sleek and ergonomic design
- Wireless with complementary features
The choice is all yours. Now that I have mentioned the two headphones that Jacksepticeye uses, you might have mixed thoughts.
You may be processing and concluding, finding out which suits you. Well, that’s all up to you.
Philips X2/27 Fidelio headphones are wired and are great for gaming. They deliver great natural audio. On the other hand, Sony WH1000XM3 wireless headphones offer rich bass and balanced audio. They are recommended for music and daily tasks.
Both have their pros and cons, and both are of different price ranges. Neither of them may be your fit.
In such a case you should look into some other products. I prefer you to look into the competitors of the products mentioned above.