You will agree with me that gaming headsets allow you to react faster against your enemies.
Hearing footsteps and the sound of gunfire, your enemies will never know when you hit them.
But for the headset to work effectively, the perfect fit is important.
We have shortlisted 13 Best Gaming Headsets For Big Heads for your specific needs. Plus, there is a helpful headset buying guide, especially for large heads.
Let’s get started:
No Time? Here is a Quick Roundup of Best Gaming Headset For Big Heads [Top 7]
- HyperX 7.1 virtual surround sound features for high-quality audio.
- Minimal distortion with clear sound levels and a dual-chamber driver system.
- Comfort Memory Foam Ear Cushions ensure all-day comfort.
- Personalizable audio profile with Bass Adjustment Sliders.
- Perfect choice for game lovers.
- 360-precision audio high-tech technology for enhanced audio quality.
- Unbreakable Design with extreme durability and sturdy outlook.
- Adjustable steel exteriors provide a relaxing user experience.
- Impressive noise cancellation.
- Works well with MacBook, Switch, PCs, and even mobile devices.
- Strongbattery capacity makes it an ideal choice for pro gamers.
- 2.4GHz wireless range with perfect audio quality.
- Advanced Passive Noise Isolation.
- Custom-tune the drivers for high, mid, and low sound frequencies.
- Lightweight design and flow-knit memory foam ear cushions provide maximum comfort.
- 24 hours of battery life on a single charge.
- Adjustable headband, movable in any direction.
- Durable ergonomic design is made of sturdy and high-quality material.
- Amazing noise cancellation.
- A dynamic yet well-balanced sound profile.
- Equipped with an external wire non-removable cable.
- Users can use dongles as well.
- Amazing wired gaming headphones with decent sound quality.
- Delivers a cinematic sound experience.
- Comfortable headsets suited for long hours of gaming with 400 mm bio-cellulose driver and virtual surround sound.
- Suspend and adjust the padded headband for the best performance.
- Extremely durable design with 3.5 mm audio jack.
- TPU jacket for outstanding wired connectivity.
- Best Budget Headsets with a high-tech design.
- Acoustic positioning precision for enhanced audio sensitivity.
- Supreme comfort for gamers with large ear sizes made of skin-friendly faux leather.
- Equipped with a detachable boom microphone.
- Play games across various platforms.
- Amazing Gaming Headphones with various color options.
- Real immersive playful experience with High-Power 50 mm neodymium magnetic drivers.
- Allows reduced ambient noise and enhanced sound quality.
- Noise cancellation microphone equipped with noise-isolation technology.
- Very comfortable even for gamers with big ear sizes.
- Play on various gameplay platforms.
Remember, gaming headsets are different from regular headphones.
What features do you need to look for to select headsets like a pro?
Find it out below:
- No Time? Here is a Quick Roundup of Best Gaming Headset For Big Heads [Top 7]
- How do I choose a Gaming Headset? Buying Guide For Larger Heads
- What Are The Best Headset For Big Heads (Pro Gamers)?
- HyperX Cloud Alpha S Review: Best PC Headset in 2021
- SteelSeries Arctis 7 Review: Lossless Wireless Gaming Headset For Large Heads
- Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Review: No.1 Headset For Wide Range of Head Sizes
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Limited Edition Headsets Review: Solid Build and Design
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Review: Extra-Large Wireless Headset
- What are the Best Budget Gaming Headphones For People With Big Heads?
- Corsair Void RGB Headsets Review: Great wireless design
- Razer Kraken Headset Review: Quality Features at Affordable Prices
- Turtle Beach Recon 200 Review: Best Amplified Professional Gaming Headset
- BENGOO G9000 Review: No.1 Wired Gaming Headphones
- What are Good Gaming Headset For Large Heads?
- Logitech G935 Headset Review: Good Wireless Connection
- Philips SHP9500 Review: Good Open-Back Headphones For Versatile Use
- Acer Galea Predator 300 Review: Bass-filled Headset with Strong Headband
- ZIUMIER Headset Review: Good For Modern Gaming
- And, Here Is The Winner!
How do I choose a Gaming Headset? Buying Guide For Larger Heads
As said earlier, there are several factors that you should consider before buying your best headset.
Pro Tip: Open-Back and Over-Ear are the most popular headset styles. They allow gamers to hear background noise clearly during intense games.
Here is the complete headset buying guide for your help:
You will always want your gaming devices to live longer and deliver powerful sound. For such features, your headset for gaming should have a solid build design.
It should be made of the best quality material. It needs to have double padding on the ear pads so that they are tightly held during prolonged sessions of gameplay. This will ensure that your headset supports your gameplay during prolonged usage.
Surround Stereo vs Surround Sound
Surround Stereo plays an essential role in enhancing the audio output. It is a channel connection to both the large ears. They add depth and character to the sound. Surround sound plays a critical role when you want to listen to the intense music of action-packed games.
They provide background noises to the game and help the gamers to enhance concentration during intense levels. They deliver just the type of sound you need to be immersed in the gameplay.
Many pro gamers consider this as the ultimate deciding factor. For a smooth gameplay experience, look for the foam and internal material of the headsets that you will buy. Don’t forget to check the grip of your gaming headphone.
Remember, an ill-fitted headset can cause a lot of discomfort during intense gameplay.
Headset Compatibility and Connection Type
Gamers need to check whether their headset is compatible with the platform on which they play, such as MAC, Xbox, PS4, or mobile devices. Otherwise, you will not be able to use your headphones when you play your favorite games.
You also need to check the connection type of the headset you buy. This helps users to evaluate whether your headset will work on the gaming systems you use. For example, if your laptop does not have a Bluetooth connection, buying Bluetooth-enabled headphones is useless.
Comfort and User Preference
This factor can be a deciding factor when you are buying your gaming headphones. Every pro-gamer wants super comfort during extended gameplay sessions. The softness of the lining cloth around the ear pads and the material used for internal padding determines the level of comfort of your headset.
If you wear glasses, you need to make sure that the pressure of the ear pad of your headset doesn’t ruin your comfort while you play.
What Are The Best Headset For Big Heads (Pro Gamers)?
HyperX Cloud, SteelSeries, Logitech are some of the top brands in the gaming headset market.
Here we reveal the best headset for big heads which every pro gamer loves to use. They are super comfortable during extensive gameplay and fit into your budget.
Match your needs with these top-rated products here:
HyperX Cloud Alpha S Review: Best PC Headset in 2021
- Excellent Sound Quality with retractable noise and no distortion at high to medium volume.
- Best Sound Isolation so that you can completely concentrate on the game you play.
- Super Durability with powerful aluminum body.
- Easy controls on game volume and music so that you always stay ahead in your gameplay.
- Not portable
Cloud Alpha delivers 7.1 surround sound for an amazing immersive experience. Its dual-chamber driver system reduces sound distortion and provides clear audio.
This pro headset is made for every type of gamer, so if you play on a PC, Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo, HyperX Alpha S is the headset you need.
It has memory foam ear pads that are surrounded by a breathable material and a lightweight aluminum frame for long usage comfort.
With activated controls to adjust game audio and surround sound at your disposal, there is absolutely no reason why you can refuse to buy this pair of headphones.
SteelSeries Arctis 7 Review: Lossless Wireless Gaming Headset For Large Heads
- These are some of the best wireless gaming headphones that deliver 360-precision game audio with high-tech technology.
- Super-Comfortable to use with adjustable steel exteriors that can be moved in any direction to enable gaming for hours. The headset fits into large ears easily.
- Powerful Battery which offers up to 20 hours of usage on a single charge.
- Delivers ultra-low distortion audio which lowers and streamlines engaging sound.
- Does not operate on Xbox Wireless platforms.
These popular over-ear headphones for large heads offer lossless wire technology, and they come with a detachable wire for added support. It is equipped with a background noise cancellation feature which cancels out all external noises impressively.
This means you can immerse yourself in the virtual environment through these wireless gaming headsets with ease.
The headset works well on Macbook, PC, Nintendo Switch, and even mobiles. Gamers can easily increase or decrease bass, sound, and frequency response range through sensitivity controls.
Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Review: No.1 Headset For Wide Range of Head Sizes
- Lightweight design and flow-knit memory foam ear cushions for superior comfort during extended gameplay sessions.
- Strong Battery capacity which lasts for up to 24 hours on a single charge.
- Detachable boom microphone for sensitive frequency response.
- You can custom-tune the sound drivers for better bass sound.
- Underperforms when used in the console.
- Sound Isolation is not as good as regular BlackShark V2.
- Expensive headset to buy.
V2 Pro offers incredible transmission with low latency for high-quality sound output. Gamers will always stay synced to the game with a 2.4GHz wireless connection that perfects the audio.
You can easily block out from the real world with an advanced passive noise cancellation feature.
V2 Pro comes with a Razer hyper-clear super-cardioid built-in mic for sensitive voice frequency and response. Easy access to adjust from high to medium volume feature make it every pro gamer’s favorite.
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Limited Edition Headsets Review: Solid Build and Design
You can adjust the rod and headband of these headphones as per your needs. DT 880 is made with a high-quality and sturdy material which adds to its long life.
Gamers enjoy an amazing noise cancellation feature with DT 880 headphones which helps your gameplay to go to the next level.
Its external wire plug enables you to use this headset in the form of a dual-purpose gaming device.
Beyerdynamic DT 880: Pros and Cons
- Durable Build with useful in-built features
- Excellent Sound Quality with retractable noise and a posh look and a premium feel.
- Its adjustable rod, flexible headband, and cushion earpads make it a good comfortable gaming headset.
- Highly Functional for powerful gameplay due to unreal noise-cancellation ability.
- Cannot deliver the best results without an amplifier, making it a slightly expensive headset.
- Over-emphasis on treble in the audio output.
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Review: Extra-Large Wireless Headset
In one word: Arctis Pro is simply awesome for wireless gaming.
They have all the features for your perfect choice. They are comfortable for big heads, have an excellent microphone that filters most external noise, and sound great. Gamers can use this to play with a console and a mobile device at the same time.
Plus, they are very good at receiving phone calls. On the downside, they have poor noise isolation, but that’s the case with most gaming headsets.
SteelSeries Arctis Pro: Pros and Cons
- Unique and Convenient Battery Charging System with more than 20 hours of battery life to keep up in intense gaming sessions.
- High-Quality Sound Quality which is good for neutral listening.
- Equipped with a boom microphone that captures voices clearly.
- Comfortable to wear for long hours with helpful customization options.
- Poor noise isolation like most gaming headsets
- Technical service is not so good
What are the Best Budget Gaming Headphones For People With Big Heads?
Here we reveal the 4 best headsets for big heads that come at an affordable price, deliver great gameplay performance, and don’t compromise comfort and control features.
Check out our top picks here:
Corsair Void RGB Headsets Review: Great wireless design
This pair of high-tech headphones deliver 7.1 surround sound and offer an audio output with an expanded frequency response range between 20Hz to 30,000Hz. It provides High-Density 50 mm audio drivers and its battery lasts for up to 16 hours with low latency on a single charge.
This pair of gaming headphones are very comfortable to wear thanks to their adjustable padded leatherette headband, breathable memory foam, and lightweight design. You can easily interact with players in Discord through this affordable headset, which takes the player’s journey to a next new level.
Corsair Void RGB: Pros and Cons
- No lag sound due to wireless audio via RF.
- An accurate and optimized detachable microphone that delivers an exceptionally clear output and works omnidirectionally.
- Comfortable earpads work decently for gamers who wear glasses.
- It’s RGB Battery drains battery very fast.
- The battery meter and surround sound settings are tied to an app.
- Its fit is not tight at all.
Razer Kraken Headset Review: Quality Features at Affordable Prices
This Razer headset allows gamers to have a better virtual game with an improved understanding of their in-game surroundings. They are certified for Discord, so you can easily chat with the players as you play.
You can control the game and chat volume so that you get the best interactive gameplay experience. Razer Kraken is equipped with an adjustable aluminum frame with a clamping force so that the headset stays on your head firmly during intense gameplay. Plus, you get a USB cable for wired connectivity.
Razer Kraken: Pros and Cons
- Comfortable for all range of head sizes with solid build with aluminum frame.
- Equipped with a sturdy fabric-wrapped nonremovable cable for better connectivity with dongles and across devices.
- ThX simulated surround sound feature for the immersive gaming experience.
- Weak Highs reported in the audio output.
Turtle Beach Recon 200 Review: Best Amplified Professional Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Recon delivers the best sound in the virtual play field with powerful amplified audio and bass boost features. This affordable headset is perfect for crystal clear chats on the Nintendo Switch in-game and offers flip to mute microphones and 40 mm speakers. Gamers can adjust the volume and monitor the mic’s functioning through an onboard control panel.
These Turtle Beach headphones are one of the well-built gaming headsets for large heads with a metal-reinforced headband and memory foam cushion in the ear pads. You can use these gaming headphones to play on the Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC.
Turtle Beach Recon 200: Pros and Cons
- Comfortable to wear during long gameplay with a lightweight design.
- Delivers accurate audio with a high-frequency range between 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Offers great value overall at an affordable price.
- No bass boost or quiet bass feature.
- Battery Life below satisfaction level.
BENGOO G9000 Review: No.1 Wired Gaming Headphones
This pair of budget headphones deliver crystal-clear sound with a surround sound subwoofer and 40 mm neodymium drivers. Its high-tech design and acoustic positioning precision add to the audio clarity and a great feeling for your favorite games.
BENGOO G9000 eliminates background noise through its omnidirectional noise-canceling mic so that you can concentrate only on the gameplay. You can easily use these wired gaming headphones to play across platforms, including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, iPad, and PC.
BENGOO G9000: Pros and Cons
- Its noise cancellation microphone quality is updated for highly sensitive sound output.
- The Lightweight design offers a comfortable fit for people across a wide range of head sizes.
- Very efficient noise cancelation feature so that you enjoy the real sense of simulated gameplay.
- The long cord of the wired headset gets tangled easily.
What are Good Gaming Headset For Large Heads?
Here you will get the 4 entry-level headsets that offer good, if not best, game performance for their price. Check them out here:
Logitech G935 Headset Review: Good Wireless Connection
This fantastic headphone works with a quiet efficiency that cancels external noise efficiently so that your game just doesn’t stop. It delivers excellent sound quality and low noise inference and is equipped with 50 mm pro drivers.
The Logitech G935 offers amazing fabric lining in its ear pads so that you wear them continuously on large heads effortlessly. The gaming headphones have a 12-hour battery life, are highly compatible, and are great for indoor game playing.
Logitech G935: Pros and Cons
- Logitech G935 delivers excellent sound with a noise cancelation feature.
- Double-padded earpads for added comfort during long use.
- Efficient wireless options across devices.
- Fits well in a big range of head sizes.
- Outdated design.
- Battery Life is average.
Philips SHP9500 Review: Good Open-Back Headphones For Versatile Use
This high-precision Philips headset aligns perfectly with your big ears thanks to its angled drivers. Its body is durable and strong due to its steel headband and its breathable ear-cushion ensures that you can efficiently play long gameplay with no major problems whatsoever.
The sound clarity of SHP9500 is simply outstanding with high-frequency response audio, making it one of the best headphones in the market. Users get enough room for movement with its 1.5-meter wire for immersive game playing and comfortable music listening.
Philips SHP9500: Pros and Cons
- Comfortable Design with double-layered cushion earpads for an amazing experience.
- Durable Build with strong steel headband for long life.
- Brilliant sound quality with good audio reproduction for music listening and playful sound.
- Sound Leakage problem reported
- Not ideal for outdoor use.
Acer Galea Predator 300 Review: Bass-filled Headset with Strong Headband
This decent Acer Galea headset is equipped with 400 mm bio-cellulose drivers with a rubber surround for excellent sound quality, rhythmic bass, clear highs, and resounding lows. Its design is very appealing to the eye and provides added comfort during long hours of gaming.
The durability of Acer Galea Predator 300 is ensured with a strong headband and a 3.5 mm gold-plated jack. It is designed for people with a large range of head sizes and comes in two color options: black and white.
Acer Galea Predator 300: Pros and Cons
- Durable Build with strong headband
- Delivers decent sound quality for immersive gameplay.
- Good-looking design for premium touch and feel.
- The performance of the microphone is just average.
ZIUMIER Headset Review: Good For Modern Gaming
These modern yet affordable headphones are equipped with high-powered 50 mm neodymium magnetic drivers so that you get the best immersive experience for your money. ZIUMIER Headset allows reduced ambient sound with a noise-canceling microphone having the omnidirectional sensitive ability.
They are large enough to fit in the biggest heads with a breathable lightweight over-ear design. You can comfortably use them on Macs, Laptops, Nintendo, Xbox, and tablets.
ZIUMIER Headset: Pros and Cons
- Equipped with high-powered 50 mm neodymium-magnet drivers for clear sound.
- Equipped with a high-quality noise-canceling mic with omnidirectional ability and sensitive controls.
- Comfortable fit for all range of head sizes and lightweight design for extended use.
- The cord gets tangled easily.
And, Here Is The Winner!
Our winner in this list of the best headsets for big heads is HyperX Cloud Alpha S. This pro gaming headset features HyperX virtual 7.1 surround sound and provides distortion-free clear audio through a dual-chamber driver system.
The feature which I like in HyperX Cloud Alpha is its bass adjustment sliders on the ear cups. This allows you to personalize the audio as per your specifications.
So, we have provided our shortlisted 13 best gaming headsets in the market. We revealed all their cool features with pros and cons. You also know our winner on the list.
Now, I head over to you. Which headset will you choose? Is it Razer Kraken due to its affordable price or Steelseries because of its wireless design?
Do tell me in the comments below.
Hi! I am a tech enthusiast who loves to write reviews on earphones, headphones, bluetooth speakers, and various other audio devices. I provide the best deals to my readers to help them win their Life called the #NewNormal.