In today’s guide, we will discuss how to connect AirPods to Peloton so that you can exercise in sync with your favorite beats in no time!
Peloton bikes aren’t built for an Apple device, so you have to connect it manually with your AirPods or AirPods Pro for the first time to let your favorite exercise music tone your muscles!
The steps are stupidly simple, but we will offer you much more than that. Let’s begin:
- Here Are The Steps On How To Pair AirPods To Peloton!
- I Use AirPods Pro. Can I Connect It With Peloton Bike?
- What If My AirPods Don’t Pair With Peloton (Solved!)
- Bonus Tips For Easy Pairing Of AirPods With Peloton!
- Why Connect AirPods with Peloton Bike? (All Benefits Revealed!)
- Time To Answer Your FAQs!
Here Are The Steps On How To Pair AirPods To Peloton!
Before we begin, know for certain that:
AirPods can flawlessly work with iPhones and other Apple devices. They have dedicated Apple H1 headphone chips designed for seamless pairing. But that’s not the case with non-apple devices like Peloton bikes.
There is a nice little trick, however, to let them work like normal Bluetooth earbuds. This magic will allow you to connect them with your bikes like any other pair of headphones.
But how to achieve this magical feat? Just follow this step-by-step tutorial:
7 Simple Steps
- Step #1:Ensure that the Bluetooth option is active for your AirPods and that they are not connected to any other device.
- Step #2:Place your pair of Airpods into their charging case and keep the lid open.
- Step #3:Now, we come to that “magical” part. You will have to reset your AirPods by holding the back button of the case for 3-5 seconds (minimum) until the amber light blinks thrice.
- Step #4:After the AirPods are reset, put them into the pairing mode again. Now, you can try to pair them with the Peloton touchscreen.
- Step #5:Close the AirPods case lid and select your “AirPods” from the “Available devices” list on your Peloton touchscreen.
- Step #6:Wait until the status for your Airpods turns to “Paired”
- Step #7:Click on the Peloton logo on the bottom center of your touchscreen and return to the “Featured” page.
That’s all you need to do. Go and have a test ride and see whether the sound is properly played through your AirPods.
I Use AirPods Pro. Can I Connect It With Peloton Bike?
Hell, yes! Just follow these steps one by one:
And you are done!
What If My AirPods Don’t Pair With Peloton (Solved!)
This is a common and valid concern. But we can’t miss our electrifying songs as well. So, let’s look at the solutions:
Issue #1: AirPods Case Don’t Light Up!
The reason for this troubleshooting is pretty simple. Your AirPods case needs charging. Always ensure adequate charging before you start to pair it with your exercise bikes.
After your Apple buds are fully charged, they will comfortably light up, and you can continue with the steps I have listed above.
Issue #2: AirPods Are Not Connecting To Peloton
You thought the pairing job was done. You played your favorite music but didn’t start. There is only 1 reason for this:
The two devices (AirPods and bike) didn’t connect. Let me list some common causes of this problem:
I am very sure that these tips will solve your initial pairing woes. Once you have paired your bike and got some beats going, subsequent connections will become very smooth 😉
Issue #3: AirPods Volume Too Low!
What’s that one thing which keeps us going during intense workouts?
Energetic beats. And we can’t imagine energy-filled jazz songs without a decent volume. So, if you find that the pairing has been successful, but the volume is too low, try out these solutions:
- At the right corner of your Peloton touchscreen, choose Settings.
- Next, select Developer (you will have to enable it if not done).
- Finally, choose Networking ⇾ Disable Absolute Volume Control.
As a final tip, always ensure that you are running the latest software updates for your Peloton system.
Bonus Tips For Easy Pairing Of AirPods With Peloton!
Here I am sharing the real experience of the peloton users, so following these tips will save a lot of your time. It will make your pairing job effortless as well.
Lets’ begin right away then:
Why Connect AirPods with Peloton Bike? (All Benefits Revealed!)
You may know some of them already, but here is the full list:
Time To Answer Your FAQs!
Still, have questions? Find all your answers here:
Can I connect AirPods and AirPods Pro at the same time?
Yes, you can pair both Apple devices simultaneously with these steps:
Step #1: Turn on your Peloton touchscreen and select the first pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro you would like to connect first.
Step #2: Make sure your Peloton app is running via screencasting on your Apple TV.
Step #3: When your phone is locked, access the AirPlay option by selecting the icon in the control center.
Step #4: Choose “Share audio” under the settings of connected devices.
Step #5: Keep the second pair of your AirPods or AirPods Pro close to your Peloton touchscreen.
Step #6: You need to find your second device on the screen, tap, and select “Share Audio” again.
But there is one obvious catch. You can’t play music from both devices at the same time.
Can I Play Netflix on My Peloton Bike?
Fitness lovers don’t have to hate binge-watching, isn’t it? But I have mixed news for you:
You can’t watch Netflix directly from the Peloton app, but you can do so via your browser. Follow these steps:
1. Inside the home screen, scroll below and select the “Internet” app.
2. Enter netflix.com into the browser.
3. Log into your account and start watching your favorite shows while riding on the Peloton bike at the same time.
For a better experience, you can cast the Peloton screen on your smart TV to watch high-quality content on the big screen. Don’t forget to exercise!
Can I Pair My Peloton Bike With Other Bluetooth Headphones?
Well, peloton bikes are 100% compatible with all Bluetooth devices, including headphones. You can follow these steps to make the task easier:
1. On the left side of the touchscreen, select the option “Bluetooth Settings“.
2. Inside the settings, search for your Peloton and click on it.
Your pairing job is done! As a pro-tip, you can keep your Bluetooth headphones paired with the peloton before the exercise. You will see a prompt on the screen, asking you to pair your headphones instantly.
Can I Play My Own Music On Peloton?
Short Answer: No.
Long Answer: Peloton bikes offer two options for music lovers: Spotify and the Apple Store, which is a home for countless music pieces across genres.
So your worry of not being able to play your own music is pretty much solved, right?
Is Using AirPods Safe?
Yes, and there is conclusive evidence to prove that. They emit negligible radiation, which is even less than your smartphone. And they are super comfortable to wear and fit for fitness workouts as we have discussed earlier.
Can I Pair My Airpods With Other Company’s Smart TV?
Don’t worry, Steve Jobs has a big heart 🙂
As long as your other company’s smart TV supports Bluetooth audio, you can easily connect it with your AirPods.
How To Pair AirPods with my Apple Smart TV?
The question is a bit off the topic for all exercise fans, so I will skip it.
If you have logged into your AirPods with the same iCloud account as your Apple TV, it will be paired automatically. If not, then simply follow the steps below:
1. Have both AirPods inside the case.
2. Hold the pairing button and wait till the light inside the case is active.
3. Now, head over to your Apple TV. Inside its settings app, open Remote and Devices and then select Bluetooth.
4. Finally, you need to select your pair of AirPods from the device list.
Is it necessary to be a cyclist to ride a peloton?
There is nothing like that. As long as you are within the recommended height and weight, you can always ride a Peloton bike and improve your physical fitness.
You don’t even need any experience in outdoor cycling either.
Perfect for indoor nerds like me 🙂
Anyway, the peloton is a great tool for cycling lovers for indoor spinning during this pandemic.
Final Words on How To Connect AirPods To Peloton
Here ends my tutorial on how to connect your pair of AirPods with your Peloton bike.
Now, I head over to you.
Were you able to pair the two devices using the steps above? Or will you suggest some extra tips to make the task easier than suggested?
Share it in the comments below.